To be eligible to apply for the Down Syndrome for El Paso Education Scholarship, you must meet the following guidelines:
- Applicants must have Down Syndrome
- Applicants must live in El Paso county
- Scholarship funds must be applied toward tuition at a university, community college, or post-secondary institution, including institutes of technology, vocational and trade schools. This includes certificate, degree and non-degree programs. (Note: the programs must be located within the United States.)
- Individuals who were previously awarded a scholarship may apply the following year, but new applicants will be given priority.
The following items are required for the application:
- A completed online application
- A copy of the applicant’s high school transcript
- A Written Essay (or video)
Please answer the following questions within you essay or video:
- What are your educational goals for the next five years?
- What are your personal goals for the next five years?
- How will this educational opportunity help you achieve your goals?
- What else can you tell us about your journey that got you where you are today?
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member
- Additional items such as pictures, artwork, poetry or other supplemental materials